Saturday, April 29, 2017

With a Little Help form a Friend!

Sometimes you just a little help from a friend.  A while back Chico from Oldhammer on a Budget fame put up a post of some finely painted BOB Chinese army troops.  In it he lamented about losing his painting mojo and not producing anything for months.  I was in the same funk and his progress and some encouragement to me led me to shaking off the rust of my 2+ month lack of painting and diving back in.

I wrapped up most of the Direhard mins and the odd Citadel figure or two.



I also broke out some Space Raiders mins and pinned them for painting and started to prime them up as well as adding the Space Fimir to the party.


One issue was gap filling and suddenly realizing that my greenstuff might be as old as my college aged youngest son!  They all politely got pushed to the back burner until my fresh greenstuff shipment arrives.


I did add the newest Space Raiders min of the Rogue Trader by the Great Goblinmaster Kevin Adams.



Stepping up to fill the gap is my C23 collection of the incredible Jes Goodwin Orges is Skrag the Slaughter which I managed to pick up on eBay for a very reasonable price.  Just a few more figures left to complete the set!


I also based up a Chaos Champions of Khorne which was acquired recently as well.  This gets my needs list down to just two champions left to complete that set! Sometimes the chase is a much fun as actually getting your hands on them.


Actually eBay has been particularly productive as of late with the aforementioned recent additions as well as a big score of the original Space Elves line from the Rogue Trader.  My set is now complete with the exception of a single min, Capt. Aetolia Lightfoot.  I'm also missing a few of the Command Group but I have enough to get started.

So, a shout out to Chico for the motivation to get off my arse and get painting!  First up will be a unit of the Space Elves!

No comments:

Post a Comment