Sunday, June 10, 2018

Looking for inspiration! Collecting and Building.


So I seem to have fallen off the blogging map, life seems to get in the way of my hobby effort occasionally.  We took a vacation in late April and that combined with a busy couple of months at work seem to have sent my painting mojo askew.  I don't seem to be able to get it back on track quite yet so I focused on some other aspects of the hobby; collecting and building.

While we were in Texas visiting my oldest I made my obligatory run at the used book stores in the area, predominately Half Price Books which started in the Dallas area.  I was not disappointed!


I managed to find 2 White Dwarf back issued I'm missing!  I'm down to just 3 issues left on the original monthly run from 1-407.  If anyone has US issues 373, 374, or 377 to sell or trade please let me know!  I'd then be able to put this obsessive quest of mine to bed!  I was also able to replace my missing Baen Books version of The Hobbit that I was bemoaning about having misplaced in an earlier post.


I also picked up a copy of Gaslands off Amazon which inspired me to do some more Hotwheels modifications!  First up is a Wasteland dune buggy that gets a little spikey treatment.



Not much modification here other than the ram addition.  I did toss a spare wheel in the back since I covered the one in the hood up with the ram modifications.  Next up is the start of the war rig!  This looks like the start of a fun ride!




This is the twin to my cheap Walmart semi-rig cut up for a Wasteland look.  The engine and frame are from a Hot Wheels Hauler line firetruck.


I had to cut the engine away from the pump unit and reverse the exhaust to better line up with the direction of the blowers on the twin engines.


The wheels are from some McDonald's happy meal monster trucks while the card stock modifications are actually old credit card/gift cards that I have stumbled across unpacking items.  As I started to toss them I realized that they would make great plastic card stock to use in making these conversions.  I do need to pick up some plastic diamond tread and corrugated sheets and some structural members the next time I'm close to a railroad hobby shop.  This is still in the very early stages so far.  More progress pictures to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment