Monday, August 5, 2019

General WIP Update-Incoming 3

Incoming Round 3-Okay now I can see I'm just bragging!  Got a chance to stop by a few HPB stores awhile back and hit the jackpot with finding three of the Horus Heresy novels I still needed!



That was about a month ago and I've already read two of them.  Looking forward to the third one soon.  I also received a parcel the other day that turned out to be my Kickstarter from Diehard Games.


I had to go light given my recent uncheck spending on several expensive Kickstarter projects.  I went with a nice collection of bounty hunters, an intergalactic lawman and his faithful cyberdog, and a space snakeman.  Not sure what the heck I'm going to do with them but I am looking forward to painting them up!  I did go through them and start the clean up process.  Most were in great shape but a couple of them must have been at the end of the mold life and had some nasty mold lines.  I really don't mind taking care of this until that damn mold line runs right through some important detail.

I also picked up some new bases.  These are Star Wars Legion bases for Fantasy Flight Games war game.  They come in a standard grey and could honestly be used right out of the package.


The above picture actually shows them already painted with a base coat of matte black, I just stuck them back in the package for storage.  I then highlighted them up to a medium grey with some weathering and miscellaneous spots and stains.


I bought these for the likes of the previously mentioned Diehard miniatures and a handful of other sci fi figures.  I don't think that I'll put Diego's Knightmare Games Space Raiders on them, some of his figures are huge and wont even come close to fitting on these bases which are 27mm.  FFG only has a few larger sized bases and they have some odd notching to them which I really don't care for.  I'll probably just stick with my hex bases for those beasts.



No comments:

Post a Comment