Saturday, February 6, 2021

Incredible Deal!

 

Look out, two posts in 2021 which is two more than 2020!  During holiday shopping I stumbled upon an incredible deal that I thought I should share.  I was looking for some board games at Walmart, as I strolled down one of the toy isles I noticed some Aliens toys hanging on the rack.  I’ve always been a fan of the movie franchise and was intrigued by them.  The xeno figures were actually pretty good, very true to the Geiger design for what appears to be a cheap 3-1/2” action figure.  The human figures, well they just appear to be some space or military figure and not specific to the colonial marines.  That was enough to dissuade me from impulse buying anything.  Then I looked down and was shocked to see this!

It is listed as Alien-Xenomorph Attack-Advanced-APC Vehicle!  Holy crap, it’s the APC from Aliens.  Now action figures aren’t really my thing but I picked it up and gave it the once over and realized it was way out of scale for the 3-1/2” action figure but it was probably perfect for 28-32” miniatures.  Better yet it was on clearance for $7.  I couldn’t pass it up so I secret Santa gifted myself.  Here are some out of the box pictures for details and size reference.  I wasn't impressed by the stickers so I peeled them off with ease.

 


My Wallyworld only had one but I’ll check some local towns if I’m out and about and see if they have any.  Looks like it is still available online for $10.50 as of today.  I’d like a second to modify and make a bit more realistic like removing the top door hinge as you can see in these pics.   

 


Possibly opening up the side slide door.  

But I won’t do that until I have a 2nd given my propensity to start a project and not complete it.  I wouldn’t want to be without a functioning copy for game play.  I might have to break down and order one online!  Not sure how or if it will take paint since it appears to be a softer plastic, again it would be nice to have a 2nd one to experiment on.  Looking forward to more posts on this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment