Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Is that an Earthquake? Nope just an OGRE!


Well Christmas has come a little early to the new house, I received a package on the front steps Saturday.


For those that didn’t partake, this is the OGRE plastic miniatures Kickstarter that Steve Jackson Games did earlier this year.


I’ve always loved this game and still have my original plastic pocket boxed set with the original chits.



Being a miniature enthusiast, I was thrilled when Ral Partha announced they would be doing a metal mins set for the game.  I think these were actually released by Martian Metals first and then re-released by Ral Partha.  Some if not all were new sculpts.  I cannot say I remember ever seeing the Martian Metals in any of the Hobby Shops I frequented as a kid.  Unfortunately, the Ral Partha release didn’t last long due to a falling out between the two companies.  The line abruptly stopped.  I have a couple Mk V's painted up but I cannot seem to find any pictures of them and who knows where they are in the mess of hobby moving boxes!


Then SJG did the miniatures themselves and released them in the innovative VHS tape boxes.  A cool idea but not very practical since you couldn’t put the Ogre’s in without removing the towers.  I picked up a few over the years but didn’t dive in like I should have because this line of figures went the way of the Dodo as well.   


I’m kicking myself for not picking up a MK VI or a Ninja!


When I saw the Kickstarter I had to jump in.  Would have been nice as part of the Kickstarter to have more Ogre only options, I did manage to get several of the glow in the dark Mk III and V add-ons.  I've already committed to the 2nd set Kickstarter, they have me hooked.  Can’t wait to get the painting desk set up and get started on these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment