Sunday, February 17, 2019

WIP and miscellaneous ramblings

Not much content to this post, just a few WIP shots, a question, and some rambling.  I changed out the blog title from the Latin to English.  Not sure why just decided to do it.


First up are a few WIP shots of the green lads and the off/on troll.


I have blocked out a few color sections and have at least one skin tone highlight on these guys.






















Here is an update on the Off with the Old and On with the New Troll.  Stripped down.


And primed up after a little file work.  Clearly my 12-14 year old self didn't do much clean up work back then.  There were a few mold lines to resolve.  He is beside the next of my Jes Goodwin C23 ogres to get paint.  I think I'm within 2-4 of the complete set!





















Here is the first round of color blocking.



Speaking of the troll, can anyone identify the logo stamp on is base?  maybe Asgard?  Which is weird given he is also claimed by Citadel.  Any help with this mystery would be appreciated.


Now for the rambling.  If you are a G+ user you know that the end is near which is a shame really.  I like the platform, it had a good amount of traffic but not overwhelming.  Let you include blogg posts like this automatically.  Was well organized.  Wasn't as big brotherish as Facebook not that I have a lot of data for them to harvest and sell!  MEWE looks to be similar but not identical.  One annoying feature, your group gets dropped from the directory if it doesn't get a new post every 7 days.  I created a Oldhammer group, thanks again to Zhu for the use of his Oldhammer logo.  I'm sure it's just me being grumpy since the change of platforms not by my choosing.  Lets how that it gets more traffic and people start to participate in the groups.  Back to painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment