Wednesday, December 29, 2021

General WIP Update-Actual Painting!

Inspiration and motivation have been slow to come to me lately and 2020 was a disaster.  2021 hasn't been much better but I did finally manage to get a project finished with a Stargrave crew from Reaper's Chronoscope line.  In an effort to speed things up and try to keep some inspiration flowing I've taken a cue from Jean-Baptiste Garidel over at Leadplague and tried a different direction with my painting.  JBG uses a muted palette with a couple of key pieces of vibrant color over an apex spray of dark then light.  I thought I would give his style a try and to be honest I'm pleased with the results.  This is my first attempt and I don't feel like I'm even close to mastering the technique, especially selecting the color and spotting of that color.


With that said I really like the first attempt and the better news is that it seems to be a bit quicker for me!  I have a few more started and will post when done.  Thank you JBG for the inspiration!

I also managed to wrap up the truck for Car Wars/Dark Future/Gaslands.  Started looking like this:


and now looks like this.


These are magnetized turrets that go on top, I embedded the magnets on the inside of the trailer in two spots.  They can also be used on a small box van.  They are made from round bases and a variety of Iron Wind mech weapons.  They always have a booth at the Origins convention with boxes of loose lead at ridiculous prices.  I had always intended to do Car Wars 3up someday and Gaslands just pushed that work to the front of the queue. 

 


Here are some WIP on a wasteland/apocalyptic truck.  Still figuring out the wheels and how they attach.  Not sure I have it worked out yet but getting closer.


As well as getting some work done on the "Off with the old/On with the new" troll project. A quick before reminder, here it is stripped down.  I'll do a proper before and after once I have it wrapped up.



And now a few updated pictures.



These pictures don't quite do it justice since I'm not much of a photographer.  These are older pics, here are a couple of more recent ones with a new phone.


 

I will need to wrap up the base and maybe a bit more detail to work out then I'll call it done.  Next up for the Off with The Old project, FTS!





No comments:

Post a Comment