Thursday, December 16, 2021

Attention Pt 2

 A follow up to the last post.  I'm calling these finished.  I might clean up some of the details but I'm happy with them.  Not my best paint job but not the worst either.  As for the Reaper Bones product, these are the original white product that they first debuted and the detail is ok.  Clearly not as sharp as metal in some cases but not horrible either.  That is partially the reason that I'm calling them done, I don't know that I have the skill to improve on the areas where the detail isn't good.  With that said, for the price I can live with the minor detail issues.  I was looking at a new blister of the Black Bones product and it looks to hold detail better.  I'll have to give them a try soon.

A few individual shots

 

 

 

I originally gave the Illyrian's a purple color but wasn't happy with the results.  I then found that an old pot of Warlock Purple (more on the fuchsia spectrum) that was actually still good.  Used the new jig saw mixer and some of the Army Painter stainless steel mixing balls to reinvigorate it.  Put a little on one of them and was much happier with the look and converted both over to that color.  I need to work on the pluggers eye above.  On Keith's website he shows them painted similar to a human eye, I might go something alien looking for the iris.  I'll post a pic once I decide.


 Yes that's an old one.

But not as old as this one!

This is the first group/project that I have wrapped up in awhile.  I will shift focus to the Diehard bounty hunters and try to get them wrapped up over the next few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment