Monday, September 4, 2017

WIP/Prep work and Moving Woes

Getting prepared for a house move has caused some interruptions to my Mining for Lead series and my hobby life in general.  I still have a few more posts to get out with Humans, some Beasts of Chaos and a few odd mins before I wrap it up.  In my rush to be proactive and start packing up the house early I have come to realize that most of my miniatures are boxed up and in a storage unit and thus not readily accessible for blogg pictures.  Good news is the new house will have an incredible area for me to use as a painting area and gaming room!  So I'll just have to put some of those posts on hold for the next month or two.  I'll switch gears to my prep work for my recent Diehard and Space Raiders miniature buying sprees from their very successful kickstarter campaigns.  I finally got off my butt and ordered some green stuff, picked them up on Amazon due to a gift card birthday gift.  Decided to pick up a very inexpensive wax carver/dental pick set as well as a Messerschmitt Me 262 A-1a in 1/48 for my Dust/Konflikt/Bolt Action forces.  Came to less than $20 for the lot.  As a side note, wow the greenstuff was very fresh!  I guess I've been using very old stuff as of late given how much softer this new tube is.


First up is a batch of Eldar Dreadnoughts, yes I know they call them Wraithlords or whatever now a days but they were Dreadnoughts back in the 80's.  I had some joint filling to do since I put them in more dramatic poses than the static "at attention" from the catalogues and WD ads.


The next grouping are some of Diego's Space Raiders figures, the space fimir and cyber Minotaurs.  Just some basic gap filling here and there.  I'm looking forward to getting some paint on them!




More to come as well as I jump back into the Dark Future/Car Wars work with a semi tractor trailer and some other cool car bashing and painting!  The move should be done by the end of the month so I hope to be back with some paint work.

No comments:

Post a Comment