Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Quick WIP update


Painting updates first, it has been a chore to find painting time as of late.  I’m not sure why but it has been slow going on these Champions of Khorne, I was very excited about the project and still am but alas this hasn’t expedited my painting any! 

Here are a few shots, got the base red down, inked and then highlighted with the base again.  I was a little disappointed with the brown wash feeling that it was too dark.  Left is the base only and right is the brown wash.

 



I’m not sure if it is the shade of brown or a matter of its age. Yes, that is indeed one of the old flip top pots from what?  30 years ago?



I did go out and pick up the new Nuln Oil wash and a Seraphim Sepia  Brown wash while I was out and about on Saturday, from a quick test on another model the Sepia seem to be more of the result I was looking for.


I did some work on this chap and highlighted with the red base through pink up to white and then gave it a wash/glaze of red.  Pretty happy with the results.   


Here is a better look at the process, left is the white based highlighting and the left is wit the red glaze.  Next up to start on the black and metals.


I made a few used bookstore stops after the Warhammer stop (I guess they don’t call them Games Workshop stores anymore) and had some nice finds.


I always like picking up reference material and grabbed a picture heavy German WW2 aircraft book.  I also picked up an old copy of Ballantine Books version of The Hobbit when I discovered I couldn’t find my childhood copy after the new house move.  No luck on the Horus Heresy books so I grabbed a copy of Ravenour to start.  Lastly, I found the Frostgrave supplement Thaw of the Lich Lord which looks interesting given my proclivity for undead.  A Frostgrave warband is a bit down the road but certainly a project I’m going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment