Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Project Fimir-Trooper and Color Test

This is the last figure of the Fimir unit that I've been posting about recently.  This fellow has the distinction of being the only non-converted figure in the group.  And for good reason, he is the only figure that isn’t a knock off re-cast.  As I mentioned in my starting post this whole project sprung out of my frustration with an ebay purchase that turned out to be re-cast figures.  I had originally purchased the very same head/body/tail combination of warlord with axe and mace with a Head 1 and Tail 1 back in the day when they were still in production.  


So in honor of his authenticity I decided to leave him unmodified.  This is the original pose that all the other models are based off of.  I did an initial color test on this lad to see if I liked a blue skinned look and to be honest I don’t know that I care for it. 


Now truth be told I haven’t given it any washes or additional work in years.  That might improve it to my eye, but I'm still not sure I'll go this route. 



I’m going to do some more research on line and specifically study the wonderful WD spread that has painted models in it and see what I have in the paint rack to match.


 I’m thinking, as bog dwellers that they probably would have evolved with earth tones like brown or tan or light green.  I welcome any input! 

No comments:

Post a Comment