Friday, July 14, 2017

Mining for Warpstone Chaos Demons/Deamons Part 4 Giddy up!



Part 4 of this series stays with the lesser demons and gets them some wheels, or better put, hooves.  I read about the Bloodcrusher unit in ROC but I honestly don?t remember every seeing Juggernaut models packaged with anything other than chaos warrior riders.  

The 1989 Orange Catalogue has the ROC Juggernauts of Khorne listing but doesn't show any Bloodletter riders.



The 1991 Red Catalogue has a different listing titled Chaos Juggernauts.  As you can see from the picture a different mix, one less head, one less banner pole, and three Bloodletter rider bodies.  To be honest these look very similar to the regular bodies but I do have to say the stock numbers are different.  And surprisingly enough, no listing for the upper torso's for the chaos warriors!  Not sure if anyone can confirm that they were packaged together here in the US.  Regardless I had to have some so I set about collecting Juggernauts over the years and grabbing the odd bloodletter or two as riders.  Eventually I ended up with the requisite eight to form a unit.



I went a bit over the top with the conversions on these guys.  The leader is actually a conversion with the head from a 2nd version leader.  I still have some work to do on them like adding pennants and flags but these are one of my favorite units that I've ever worked on.  









One thing I would like to ask the community about.  I have all the possible combinations of Juggernaut parts except for this head from the Orange 88 catalogue.



Again, not sure if it was ever released in the US but I'd like to get my hands on one.  If you have one or a whole model I would love to discuss a possible trade just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment