Thursday, May 19, 2016

Eureka Iterum


Another epiphany struck me as I scrolled through G+ looking over posts and pictures of various miniatures I noticed one post that really caught my eye.  I cannot event remember what the min was but as I was looking it over for more detail and inspiration and I noticed what the artist had it mounted on to use as a handle.  I was dumbfounded by the genius of it.  Now I have to be honest I've always been a "just hold it by the base" painter in the past but I've started to warm to the idea of mounting a miniature on handle of some type.  I've seen lots of people using cork but I have yet to find a wine bottle cork that was large enough to be stable when you mount a miniature on the top.  I thought about wood dowels but just hadn't gotten far enough to buy anything yet.  And then I saw this post and they were using an old pill bottle as the handle.  What a great idea!  I have access to these which would normally be a discarded item in my house and has now become a reusable product.  Again the best part is that they are free!  I guess I can claim that I'm a sustainable hobbyist now!  I grabbed a couple and broke out the hot glue gun and the magic started happening.  Here is what I have so far, still a little top heavy so I put a handful of pennies in and then topped them off with some hot glue.  I'm going to give them a try and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment